New Business Assistance with NEIS
What is New Enterprise Incentive Scheme?
The New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS) is an Australian government funded program which assists in developing self- employment through developing a business idea into running your own business.
NEIS also creates secondary employment. For every 10 NEIS businesses, on average, a further 8 new jobs are created.
How NEIS works
1. Application Process
- You can apply directly by calling TOLL FREE on 1800 356 400 or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have completed the applications Netgain will contact you for an interview to discuss your Business idea.
- You may be requested to conduct a feasibility study to assess further your potential Business viability
- As there are limited places in the course not all applications will proceed through to acceptance.
- Once you have been formally accepted into the program via an acceptance letter, you then enter the first phase of the classroom based training.
- Applications are available on the right to download
2. Initial Classroom Based Training
- You will commence your Initial Classroom based training in BSB42615- Certificate IV New Small Business or BSB30315- Certificate III Micro Business Operations.
- During this period you will be required to complete a Business Plan and Financial modelling of your Business idea.
- This Business plan will then be assessed for acceptance onto the NEIS contract.
3. NEIS Contract
- During this period, you will receive mentoring for 52 weeks and will be required to discuss and report on your Business at least once a month.
- Where applicable the NEIS allowance will be received for 39 weeks.
- Where applicable Rental assistance will be received for the 26 weeks.
NEIS Course Dates
Seymour – Early 2019
Shepparton – Late January 2019
Albury/Wodonga/Shepparton – Late January 2019
Ballarat -Feb 2019
Geelong – Jan 29th 2019